Government of Jammu & Kashmir
Office of the Secretary, J&K State Sports Council,
M.A Stadium, Jammu.
Applications on plain papers duly affixed thereon a passport size photograph attested by a Gazetted Officer are invited from the eligible permanent residents of J&K State for the purpose of appointment in the Government Service in terms of the J&K (Appointment of outstanding sports persons) Rules, 1998 for the quota of calendar years 2014,2015 & 2016. The candidates who fulfill the following qualification/conditions as laid down in the rules under SRO-349 dated: 22-11-1998 read with SRO-376 dated: 29-11-2004 should only apply:-
“ A person who has represented India at Olympic Games or Winter Olympic; or Asian Games/Championship; or Winter Asian Games; or SAARC Games/Championship; or Common Wealth Games/Championship; or Afro-Asian Games; or SAF Games/Championship; World championship; or other officially recognized test matches and World Cup Competitions in any of the Games or Sports mentioned below:-
“ A person who has won first, second or third position in the individual or team events in National Games or Federation Cup or Senior Inter-Zonal Competitions or Senior National Championship or Senior All India Inter State Competitions officially recognized in any of the Games or Sports mentioned below”
Provided also that such a candidate should be considered for appointment who participated in an event/game recognized under these rules and secured a position as would qualify him to be defined as an outstanding sports person during the period not exceeding five years prior to the date of issue of advertisement notice.
The Sports disciplines covered under the above rules are Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Swimming, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Tennis, Weightlifting, Wrestling (International Style), Boxing, Cycling, Gymnastics, Judo, Shooting, Archery, Equestrain, Handball, Rowing, Roller/Ice Skating, Skiing, Squash, Billiard & Snooker, Chess, Golf, Kabaddi, Karate, Kayaking & Canoeing, Polo, Powerlifing , Taekwondo, Yatching, Kho-Kho, Softball, Wushu, Fencing and Sports for physically challenged.
Candidates who fulfill the above qualifications in addition to required academic qualification should be of the age as may be prescribed by the Service Selection Board or any other concerning appointing authorities in the State. The in-service Government employees with the aforesaid prescribed Sports proficiency should apply through proper channel for grant of advance increments in case their recruitment was not made under Sports Category/quota.
Applications enclosing therewith the following certificates in original as well as a set of Xerox duly attested should reach the office of the Incharge Sports Officer (J), J&K State Sports Council at Sports House, M.A Stadium, Jammu & Incharge Sports Officer (K), J&K State Sports Council, Bakhshi Stadium, Srinagar on or before 8th May 2017. The original certificates shall be returned to the candidates soon after the same are scrutinized by the Sports Council:-
- State Subject Certificate.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Academic/Technical qualifications
- Sports achievements/certificates (Xerox) self attested duly affixed with a photograph and verified by respective Sports Associations/other competent bodies.
- An affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper on prescribed format affirming the authenticity of Sport Certificates duly attested by Magistrate (1st Class).
- Sports background of applicant at State, National & International level in chorological order as per the format given here under:-
The applicants should also follow the following guidelines:-
- The certificate of participation in International events will be considered and recognized by the Sports Council if these are issued by the following and genuinely signed by the office bearers including the Organizing Secretary or/and Secretary General:-
i) Respective Host Country; OR
ii)Respective International Federation; OR
iii)Respective Recognized National Federation.
a) In case of (iii) above, if the events are held outside India, the respective Federation should send a copy of the list of participants cleared by Government of India/SAI duly attested by the Secretary General of the National Federation.
b) In case the events are held in India, the certificate issued by the Secretary General of the respective National Federation duly supported by the attested copy of list of Indian contingent will be considered.
c) The certificates issued by the National Federation which is recognized by the Government of India shall only be accepted.
- The certificate of participation in National/All India events (Senior level) will be considered or recognized by the Council only if these are issued by the respective recognized National Federation or its affiliated State Units authorized to conduct the particular The certificates should genuinely be signed by the Competent office bearers of the respective National Federation including the General Secretary or Organizing Secretary of the event. In case of Cricket or Football or some other discipline the certificate issued by the recognized State Sports Association will be considered against the affidavit that the Organizers or Board of control for Cricket in India/All India Football Federation/Some other National Federation have not issued the participation certificates.
- The certificates produced will be subject to cross checking where-ever found necessary.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- After the applications are scrutinized by the Scrutiny Committee of the Council, the Sports Council will notify list of the eligible & ineligible candidates under SRO-349/SRO-376 and will call objections/grievances from the candidates with regard to any applicant whose name is notified regarding his/her claim under sports category. The Scrutiny Committee constituted by the Council will consider the objections/grievances if any. The decision of the Scrutiny Committee of the Sports Council shall be final.
- A candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated/tampered documents or making statements which are incorrect/false or suppressing material information may, in addition to rendering his/her liable for criminal prosecution, be debarred, permanently or for a specific period, from being considered for any or all recruitments made under these rules.
- The applications shall be considered on the basis of records/documents produced by the candidates and verified by the respective State Sports Associations/other competent bodies.
- The candidates should apply between the dates of issue of this notice as stipulated above.
- Discretion of providing jobs in different Government Departments to the eligible sports persons by Government shall not be challenged in any forum.
- The applicants who were found eligible earlier against the quota of previous calendar year but could not be considered for appointment by the Government due to limited number of vacancies should apply afresh provided they fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
- The last date of receipt of applications as prescribed above shall be the cut off date for determining the academic/technical eligibility under sports quota. Only such academic, professional and technical qualification shall be considered for which the applicant is in possession of the requisite certificate on the last date of receipt of application. Any qualification/experience acquired thereafter shall not be taken into account for any purpose. Similar will be the case with the qualification acquired in consequence of declaration of result after the last date of receipt of application.
- As per the decisions taken in the 53rd meeting of the Sports Council, the sports certificates earned from April 2013 onwards by the applicants at National level shall be considered for the purpose of sports category benefits only if the respective State teams/contingents deputed by the State Sports Associations are duly screened/recommended by the Screening Committee of the J&K State Sports Council.
- Practical/physical test and interview of the candidates shall be conducted if found necessary by the Scrutiny Committee of J&K State Sports Council
S E C R E T A R Y
1, Commissioner /Secretary to Govt. General Administration Deptt. J&K, Jammu. This is in reference to the communication No. GAD/Mtg/Sports/03/2015 dated: 29-03-2017.
2, Secretary to Govt. Youth Services and Sports Department J&K Jammu
3, Joint Director, Information Deptt. Jammu, with the request to kindly get the notice published in leading dailies of J&K viz Daily Aftab, Greater Kashmir, Rising Kashmir, State Times, Kashmir Times, & Daily Excelsior in tomorrow’s edition positively.
4, Special Assistant to Hon’ble Minister for Youth Services and Sports.
5, Chief Accounts Officer, Sports Council.
6-7, Joint Secretary(J) Sports Council.
8-9, Incharge Sports Officer(J)/I/C Sports Officer(K), Sports Council. They are directed to receive the applications strictly as per the above notification and submit the same to the office of secretary, sports Council soon after the last date of receipt of applications is over.
10, Advertisement file.
Chief Sports Officer